A Liberal Marines Progressive Perspective

Marines are defenders of the republic and the Constitution. That is our oath, that is our purpose, that is our calling. Many are Democrats. This is the journal of one such Marine. This leatherneck's progressive perspective is as follows...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Southwest, United States

U.S. Marine,0300 MOS,eight years in,honorably discharged,college-educated. To all the damned trolls, you better believe there are liberal Marines. Read "War Is A Racket" by 2-time Medal of Honor recipient Maj.Gen.S.D.Butler, plus Lewis B. Puller, Jr.'s "Fortunate Son" and maybe then you'll understand. Semper Fi!

Play M.L.1775 Theme Song

Thursday, July 28, 2005


Days of Callousness: Why are Republicans So Mean? Posted by Picasa
Good evening to all reading this blog. Once again this post is an unusual evening post in that this is the only time over the last few days where I have had the time to squeeze in a post. First, let me apologize for not being able to make regular postings like I used to do. My life has become a swirl of activity as my main focus of attention is preparing to head to graduate school. In fact, a bit of good news on the graduate school front is that I have been able to secure a bit of financial aid (www.fafsa.ed.gov) through a Federal Stafford loan (www.staffordloan.com). However, there is still a need to secure a bit more financial aid in order to completely clear the "money hurdle" (as it were) and advance unscathed into the ivy-leaved-entwined columns of post-graduate academia. With that said, I'm also feeling like a little cold or something is coming on, in that my behind is seriously dragging. Oh well, we are all dealing with something or another, thus (in the spirit of Churchill) we must all take heart in this knowledge and press on. This entry is a re-observation of a post made awhile back concerning the character traits of those who belong to the opposite party. The question of the day is why are Republicans so mean? Generally speaking, it seems like every Republican I've met and/or seen/heard on TV/ radio is always a real mean and ornery son-of-a-gun! You know, I'm talking about always out to get somebody, chip on the shoulder, axe to grind, mean-spirited, etc. Why is that? I mean you can feel the meanness just resonating, just oozing from their very being? Here's an example of what I'm talking about, provided by the great 'Daily Kos' (www.dailykos.com) website, http://www.dailykos.com/story/2005/5/5/211218/4946. This is ridiculous, a Republican pastor running his liberal congregation members out on a rail simply because they are down with the Democratic struggle?!? That's just crazy...can you imagine?Is it me or do others out there dig what I'm talking about? The picture above is one of Secretary of State Condoleeza Rice while she was serving in the capacity of National Security Advisor. Why is she looking so mean? Why are Republicans (generally speaking) so mean? What is the deal with the sheer nastiness, bile and emotional hardness Republicans exude from their very core. In short, why is it that the biggest jerks around tend to be Republicans. Let me put it this way: Darth Vader would be a registered Republican if he had the opportunity to exist in reality and register to vote. Now, of course there are mean liberals/Democrats/progressives out there; but, in general, I haven't run into too many a**hole progressives, in fact they tend to be very sweet, generous and nice people. You know, the kind of folks who bleed for their fellow man. It's funny, I like to tell my GOP "friends", when they call progressives "bleeding-heart liberals" that Jesus was a bleeding-heart too...that usually shuts them up. To shed some light on this phenomenon, I read a book a few months ago about the psyche of the the GOP "Big Kahuna" himself, titled 'Bush on the Couch' by Dr. Justin Frank, a psychiatrist at George Washington University Medical School (http://hnn.us/articles/7106.html); as the title suggests, Dr. Frank breaks down the psyche of the President and I think his observations (at a certain level) can be applied to Republicans in general (and the Republican mind-set) as a whole. I suggest all those reading this blog check out the book; although the book made me squirm a bit in terms of the gravity and seriousness of the subject matter (namely, the mind of the current President of the United States), it is still a fantastic and worthwhile read. To think that an individual as screwed-up as GWB could be running the big show (a/k/a our country) is beyond me. Now, in all fairness of course, this is just one psychiatrist's analysis...but it sure does ring true once you start getting into the book. Again, this is a short post, but folks please offer your perspectives on this phenomenon of Republicans tending to be mean bastards, why this is and (more importantly) what are the overarching consequences/implications of such a reality on our national character and national well-being. Take care. Semper Fidelis

21 Comments:

Blogger heropoo said...

Your blog is excellent - keep it up! Don't miss visiting this site about settlement loan. It pretty much covers settlement loan related stuff.

2:31 PM  
Blogger Barney said...

Very cool blog you got! I just added you to my bookmarks!

I have a great article resource you might want to check out.

5:02 AM  
Blogger Swingin80 said...

Cool blog you have. I have a money exchange related site. Check it out if you get a chance. The URL is money exchange

3:02 AM  
Blogger Johnny said...

Hello, just visited your blog, it's geat. I also have a home equity loan online related blog with some useful articles about the topic. Hope that it is helpful to you.

12:57 PM  
Blogger healthyblogger said...

Rhodiola Rosea is the latest natural remedy to join the arsenal of natural anxiety and stress (rhodiola rosea herb) reducers.

Rhodiola Rosea, also known as Golden Root, is a native plant of arctic Siberia. For centuries it has been used by eastern European and Asian cultures for physical endurance, work productivity, longevity, resistance to high altitude sickness, and to treat fatigue, depression, anemia, impotence, gastrointestinal ailments, infections, and nervous system disorders.

The first recorded medicinal applications of rodia riza (renamed Rhodiola Rosea) was made by the Greek physician, Dioscorides, in 77 C.E. in 'De Materia Medica'. Rhodiola Rosea has been included in official Russian medicine since 1969.

Despite its long history, the Western world has only recently become aware of the health benefits of Rhodiola Rosea. It has come to the attention of many natural health practitioners because of studies which tested its affects on combating anxiety and stress.

Rhodiola Rosea is considered an adaptogen. This means it has an overall stabilizing effect on the body without disrupting other functions. Its ability to normalize hormones may be effective for treating depression and anxiety.

Studies of Rhodiola Rosea show that it stimulates neurotransmitters and enhances their effects on the brain. This includes the ability for the brain to process serotonin which helps the body to adapt to stress.

Since adaptogens improve the body's overall ability to handle stress, it has been studied to identify it's effects on biological, chemical and physical stress.

A study was performed to test the effects of Rhodiola Rosea when stress or rhodiola rosea herb is caused by intense mental work (such as final exams). Such tests concluded that using Rhodiola Rosea improved the amount and quality of work, increasing mental clarity and reducing the effects of fatigue.

The effects of Rhodiola Rosea have also been tested on stress and anxiety from both physical and emotional sources. A report by the American Botanical Council states that "Most users find that it improves their mood, energy level, and mental clarity." They also report on a study that indicated Rhodiola Rosea could increase stress tolerance while at the same time protecting the brain and heart from the physical affects of stress.

This report included details of studies which highlight the overall health benefits of Rhodiola Rosea.

The generally recommended dose is 200-600mg/day. The active properties should be a minimum 0.8 percent salidroside and 3 percent rosavin.

It is important for consumers to know that Rhodiola may be sold using other species that do not share the properties of Rhodiola Rosea, rhodiola rosea herb, or at ineffective strengths for treatment. Anyone with depression or anxiety should also check with a health professional when treating these symptoms.

rhodiola rosea herb

9:31 PM  
Blogger acoach2 said...

I just came across your blog about anxiety disorder and
wanted to drop you a note telling you how impressed
I was with the information you have posted here.
I also have a web site about "anxiety disorder
so I know I'm talking about when I say your site is top-notch!
Keep up the great work, you are providing a great resource on the Internet here!

anxiety article disorder free magazine stress

3:37 PM  
Blogger Bill Adams said...

Veteran's Day is November 11th and I hope that EVERY American will be flying the flag in honor of our troops fighting in Iraq and around the world to preserve our freedoms!

I can even tell you where to get one for free! Visit AmericanFlags.com right now and they'll send you a FREE American Flag. These flags were $19.99, but now they are FREE. You pay just for shipping/handling and they'll ship one to your door. (Actually - I've ordered more than 20 from them to give to my neighbors, as gifts, etc!)

Get your free flag now: **FREE AMERICAN FLAG**

Semper Fi!

Bill Adams

7:45 AM  
Blogger Goodman441 said...

Hello, this is a great blog on student loan debt, Please visit my site when you get a chance at http://www.loanofficial.com

5:12 AM  
Blogger Goodman441 said...

Hello, this is a great blog on student loan debt, Please visit my site when you get a chance at http://www.loanofficial.com

8:37 AM  
Blogger Kim said...

We really enjoy your posts. Very informative and fulfilling.

Our leadership interview article
site is completely pertaing to leadership interview article
.

Come visit.

9:37 PM  
Blogger Freddies Blog said...

Last month I made $12,124 with Google Adsense...Click
here for free on how you can do the same!

12:31 PM  
Blogger David Pakman said...

Hey, excellent website. A great Iraq resource is Deaths in Iraq. It breaks all of the casualties down by age, race, branch of the military, country, etc.

5:34 PM  
Blogger Mortgage Center said...

I just came across your blog and wanted to drop you a note telling you how impressed I was with the information you have posted here.
I also have a web site & blog about mortgage calc so I know what I'm talking about when I say your site is top-notch! Keep up the great work!

11:41 PM  
Blogger Joe Berenguer said...

I was just searching blogs,and I found your site, Friend! I like it!
Please accept my compliments and wishes for your happiness and success.
If you have a moment, please take a look at my site:
wells fargo home equity loans
It pretty much covers wells fargo home equity loans related issues.
All the best!

9:43 AM  
Blogger superduperone said...

Check out this other cool site grants

2:29 AM  
Blogger superduperone said...

Check out this other cool site finanancial aid

1:26 PM  
Blogger skypeuser21 said...

I love your blog, I've found another cool site grants

4:12 AM  
Blogger skypeuser21 said...

I found a cool site on student grants, check it out student grants

2:08 AM  
Blogger aceinthehole21 said...

You should check out this site! grant

10:01 AM  
Blogger Joe Berenguer said...

Hi Blogger!I like your blog! Keep up the
good work, you are providing a great resource on the Internet here!
If you have a moment, please take a look at my site:
loans center
It pretty much covers loans center related issues.
Best regards!

7:36 PM  
Blogger Paul Adams said...

I just came across your blog and wanted to
drop you a note telling you, Friend, how impressed I was with it.
I give you my best wishes for your future endeavors.
If you have a moment, please visit my site:
loans center
It covers loans center related contents.
All the best!

12:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home