A Liberal Marines Progressive Perspective

Marines are defenders of the republic and the Constitution. That is our oath, that is our purpose, that is our calling. Many are Democrats. This is the journal of one such Marine. This leatherneck's progressive perspective is as follows...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Southwest, United States

U.S. Marine,0300 MOS,eight years in,honorably discharged,college-educated. To all the damned trolls, you better believe there are liberal Marines. Read "War Is A Racket" by 2-time Medal of Honor recipient Maj.Gen.S.D.Butler, plus Lewis B. Puller, Jr.'s "Fortunate Son" and maybe then you'll understand. Semper Fi!

Play M.L.1775 Theme Song

Wednesday, May 11, 2005


Question of the Day: Why Are Republicans So Mean? Posted by Hello
Good morning to all. It is a lovely day here in the American Southwest...clear skies and sunny (although it's pretty humid and it'll probably get up to 90 degrees today). Quick post and then I'm out, still have to shower (good PT session this morning) and then get going. The question of the day (as I've already stated) is why are Republicans so mean? Generally speaking, it seems like every Republican I've met and/or seen/heard on TV/ radio is always a real mean and ornery son-of-a-gun? You know, I'm talking about always out to get somebody, chip on the shoulder, axe to grind, mean-spirited, etc. Why is that? I mean you can feel the meanness just resonating, just oozing from their very being? Here's an example of what I'm talking about, just came down the pike this morning, http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/05/10/church.politics.ap/index.html. This is ridiculous, a Republican pastor running his liberal congregation members out on a rail simply because they are down with the Democratic struggle?!? That's just crazy...can you imagine that?Is it me or do others out there dig what I'm talking about? The picture above is a crazy collage (kind of a GOP Dagwood sandwich) of President Bush, Condoleeza Rice, John Bolton and Darth Vader; these folks (and one fictional character) sum up exactly what I'm talking about in terms of the sheer nastiness, bile and meanness that Republicans exude from their very core...in short, the biggest jerks around tend to be Republicans. I placed Darth Vader in my collage as a tip of respect to George Lucas, but also because I'm convinced Darth Vader would be a registered Republican if he had the opportunity to exist in reality and register to vote. Now, of course there are mean liberals/Democrats/progressives out there; but, in general, I haven't run into too many a**hole progressives, in fact they tend to be very sweet, generous and nice people. You know, the kind of folks that bleed for their fellow man. It's funny, I like to tell my GOP "friends", when they call progressives "bleeding-heart liberals" that Jesus was a bleeding-heart too...that usually shuts them up. To shed some light on this phenomenon, I'm reading a book about the psyche of the "chiefarooni Republican", titled 'Bush on the Couch' by Dr. Justin Frank, a psychiatrist at George Washington University Medical School (http://hnn.us/articles/7106.html); as the title suggests, Dr. Frank breaks down the psyche of the President and I think his observations (at a certain level) can be applied to Republicans (and the Republican mind-set) as a whole. I'm only on Chapter Three, and the book is already making me squirm a bit; to think that an individual as screwed-up as GWB could be running the big show (a/k/a our country) is beyond me. Now, of course, this is just one psychiatrist's analysis...but it sure does ring true once you start getting into the book. Again, this is a short post, but folks please offer your perspectives on this phenomenon of Republicans tending to be mean bastards, why this is and (more importantly) what are the overarching consequences/implications of such a reality on our national character and national well-being. Take care. Semper Fidelis

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home