A Liberal Marines Progressive Perspective

Marines are defenders of the republic and the Constitution. That is our oath, that is our purpose, that is our calling. Many are Democrats. This is the journal of one such Marine. This leatherneck's progressive perspective is as follows...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Southwest, United States

U.S. Marine,0300 MOS,eight years in,honorably discharged,college-educated. To all the damned trolls, you better believe there are liberal Marines. Read "War Is A Racket" by 2-time Medal of Honor recipient Maj.Gen.S.D.Butler, plus Lewis B. Puller, Jr.'s "Fortunate Son" and maybe then you'll understand. Semper Fi!

Play M.L.1775 Theme Song

Sunday, February 06, 2005


Once Again, A Nation on Pins and Needles Posted by Hello
Good morning everybody. Had a pretty good workout this morning, and I need to get cleaned up. Is that TMI ("too-much-information")? Perhaps, but that's alright. But, before doing that, I wanted to make a comment about todays big game, Super Bowl XXXIX. First, I'm not a big football fan, or sports fan for that matter; to me the only "sport" that matters is warfare related, i.e, military exercises, strategies and tactics,etc. (but that is a discussion for another time)...although I do make a point of watching the annual Army/Navy football game (missed it this year though). Let me get to the point. As the title suggests, those of us that think about these kind of things see the Super Bowl not so much as a fun event, but (certainly since the tragic events of 9/11) as a security event of epic proportions. See link below for more details:

http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/02/05/superbowl.security/index.html

So, although I probably won't be watching the game like most football enthusiasts will (like my younger brother, who is a football/sports fanatic), I will be monitoring the game not wanting a situation to develop a la Clancy's book "The Sum of All Fears". Again, these were my thoughts this morning and I just wanted to share them. By the by, I know I'm going out on a limb, but my prediction is this: the Philadelphia Eagles will pull out a squeaker-like victory over the already world champion New England Patriots. Donovan McNabb is going to "dig deep" and look back to Doug Williams and Steve McNair for inspiration (since McNabb is only the third African-American quarterback to start in a Super Bowl game...can you believe that? After 39 years of Super Bowl's, he is only the third African-American. I don't know if that is something to celebrate or something to resent) and pull the Eagles to victory by a chin whisker. Besides, Tom Brady needs to get slam-dunked! Take care and let's hope and pray that the game goes off without a hitch. Semper Fidelis

1 Comments:

Blogger CindyLueWho said...

Superbowl - pins and needles. I don't get it Liberal Marine?? Can you elaborate?

7:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home