A Liberal Marines Progressive Perspective

Marines are defenders of the republic and the Constitution. That is our oath, that is our purpose, that is our calling. Many are Democrats. This is the journal of one such Marine. This leatherneck's progressive perspective is as follows...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Southwest, United States

U.S. Marine,0300 MOS,eight years in,honorably discharged,college-educated. To all the damned trolls, you better believe there are liberal Marines. Read "War Is A Racket" by 2-time Medal of Honor recipient Maj.Gen.S.D.Butler, plus Lewis B. Puller, Jr.'s "Fortunate Son" and maybe then you'll understand. Semper Fi!

Play M.L.1775 Theme Song

Sunday, January 30, 2005


Republican's Idea of Patriotism Posted by Hello

1 Comments:

Blogger MCinTX said...

I just wanted to say that I really enjoy your blog - I had to make a user account just to post a comment so there you go! My husband is a former Marine, he joined in 1992 and decided to go back to school after he got out. He was also a liberal marine - from a Texas unit no less. He gets in debates with people all the time who lash out at his patriotism when he states he is against this war and especially its execution because they do not know he was in the marines.

I never served in the military, I am not disciplined enough and I'm too stubborn to take orders, even if they are good for me. I'm also a pacifist so I'm sure no one would really want me next to them in battle anyway. But I do have great respect for the people who can - it's a strength of character I lack.

I am really troubled by the way the Republican party has taken an non-partisan group, like our military, and played it as having a political affiliation - a thought that frightens me. My problem is this - Do we want a military that can only be controlled by a particular party affiliation or one that honors our country, defends our constitution and protects its people regardless of who they voted for? I know that is what the military teaches our soldiers so why does any party believe it is OK to evoke the military as on their side alone. They have done the same to religion and I can't tell you how that has put a strain on my faith in the church.

Anyway, I have enjoyed reading your blog and I hope you continue to write - I will be reading!

10:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home